Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to take this to the next level

Posted by valzone5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 18:55

I started a makeover on a lamp and I am now stuck...not sure what to do next. I have given it a coat of paint and a new shade. It's a bit too blah. Any ideas on how to take this further? I don't know why...must be the angle, but in this pic the shade looks bigger than it really is, in proportion to the lamp. Anyway, would love to hear your suggestions - thanks!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to take this to the next level

How you decorate the lamp would really depend on the room it was going into. If you could give us an idea on where it will be used and the colors/decorating theme it might help a bit.

But a couple ideas I have would be to add some more color with paint. Or do a crackle finish on the base. You could also add some mosaic work (tiles, flat marbles, broken china) ... or glue on some jute/rope/ribbon where the bands are. Another idea would be to decoupage something on. You can even use the Wallies or create your own cutouts to match the wallpaper in your room.

Good luck!
Joyce

o

I would like to see some of the lines that go around accentuated with a slightly darker color and maybe use some of the great rub-on designs they have out now that are so easy to use? Good Luck!

o

Thanks for your suggestions! Good question about where it's going ... I have not decided yet. But I like the idea of crackling and of using some rub-on designs...so I think I will explore those ideas more. Thanks for giving me some direction!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here