Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know what this could be turned into???

Posted by catlady15 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 07 at 17:19

What could I do with this?I thought about tossing it.But than I decided to post here before throwing it away to see if anyone here had any idea what I could with this.I have no idea what it was used for.We were asked to haul some things away for the church and this was in the pile.Thanks for any ideas.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know what this could be turned into???

Looks like a letter sorter to me. I'd definitely be keeping that, love that prim/country look. Are you able to take out some of the slats and use it for displaying nick-nacks or other treasues?

o

How big are the slots? It would be great for sheets of glass, plastic canvas, craft books, Turn it the other way and you could put felt,quilt quarters,or lay small bottles of tempra paint, brushes. I am so jealous. LOL

o

If you took out some of the slats, you could use it for a bookcase. I would definitely hang on to it though, it looks like good wood to me.

o

In a more storage-oriented way, it looks about perfect for CDs.

Give it some doors or a front made of an old window and fabric, and it would store CDs without anyone ever knowing.

Here is a link that might be useful: My crafting/thrifting/decorating blog

o

If you don't have magazines, coloring books, construction paper, etc to put in the slots how about a coffee table. You could get a piece of glass for the top. Some colorful objects could be placed in the the slots or some strands of lights.

o

looks like great storage for stained glass sheets...

o

Everyone has wonderful ideas as to what to do with it. I'm thinking, since it came out of a church, that it was used to organize the choir members' folders. Each slot probably was numbered, and as each choir member came and left practice, they were able to select and return their folder to the cabinet to keep it neat and tidy. May it so help you! Kass

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here