Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with dresser redo

Posted by katsma (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 14:13

Let me start with the dresser history..My mom was a stay at home mom while we were growing up and we didn't have much money to spend on things. She made dresses for the neighbor ladies until she had saved enough money to buy a "real bedroom suite" for my room. This was 30 years ago and she has gifted it to us for our new house. The dresser is currently in my daughter's bedroom but it really needs an update bad and I have no idea where to even start. Her room is a deep lilac with green/grayish carpet and bright white trim. The dresser is made of pale yellow wood with metal handles. Any ideas any of you have would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with dresser redo

Lovely piece! Maybe you could change the handles- something like the little glass ones (they come in different vintage colors also). I wouldn't want to lose that detail on the outside ....something to make it stand it out. Since the flowers look like violets, maybe paint them in a deeper purple with darker green leaves than what is there now. Because of the rooms colors, stick with green for the base coat...but maybe a more muted green - like sage. The lined border on each drawer you could play up with a gold color.
Just a thought!
Estelle

o
RE: Need help with dresser redo

Great ideas!!! Thank you so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here