Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
headboard shelf

Posted by shelby3 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 13, 05 at 13:26

Did you see *trash to treasure* today? that headbroad shelf was so nice any one catch the instruction? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: headboard shelf

Didn't see it today, sorry! DGD here and she was in the pool and I was lifeguarding...yeah, right! LOL

o

Here's the link for the project. Hope this helps. I did a search for "Headboard Shelf" and this came up. ;-)

Nancy

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_moneysaving_recycle/article/0,1801,HGTV_3131_1386901,00.html

o

I made one once, it was really easy. Took a twin bed headboard and cut off the legs to the bottom of the headboard. I painted it all funky, then I put a piece of 1x2 across the bottom of the board as a support for the shelf.

Then I added a 4" wide piece of pine board that I attached to the 1x2. I also put a few L brackets on for added support.

I added a 12" mirror tile to the headboard for something extra. I put screw hooks in the back and hung a picture wire. I use this shelf/mirror as a little decorative shelf that I put pictures and light knicknacks.

Sorry, but this is the only pic I have of it...it's on the left side of the hallway.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here