Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trash to Treasure Iron Table

Posted by marilyn_c (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 17, 06 at 12:43

Here is a table that my husband picked up for me at a yard sale for $10. It is missing the top, but I have a nice piece of glass from another table...which was given to me...that fits it perfectly.

The table was made from leaf springs from a truck and the turned thing in the middle is a shock absorber! Cool, huh?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trash to Treasure Iron Table

Love it Marilyn! Lucky you to have a piece of glass that fits perfectly!!

o

Lydia, a lady gave me 6 nice iron chairs....new. She was cleaning out a house that was going to be put up for sale and the glass table top was there. I asked her what she was going to do with it, and she said I could have it. I figured I would find a table for it or even use it on top of one of my iron tables that has sort of a mesh top. As it turned out, it fits this one perfectly. It is nice and thick with a nice ground edge. Lucked out on that one! She has a lot of dogs tho, and I give her dog food all the time...left over from what I get for rehabbing.

o

that is really neat! I'm learning to weld in my next life.

o

wow what a find!! I have a stash of treasure waiting for my son to weld for me, but he is so busy. booHoo

o

Great looking table, Marilyn! Makes me think that I better hang on to that glass table top that I keep thinking I'm gonna donate to the thrift store! LOL

o

That's a really neat table. Like it much better than most that you see. DH did a good job buying that.
Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here