Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pie Safe Sprucin'

Posted by lellie (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 07 at 12:25

This is not an original piece.
I bought it about 10 years ago up north.
The small amount of contrasting color was a non-descript blue/gray, which, at the time, went well in our country style home up north.
Yesterday, I got a bug and decided to re-do the accent color more to my liking...and more beach-style.
I left the distressed white portions alone.
It sort of blends in with the walls and carpet now, but we will be removing the carpet, installing bamboo or teak flooring, and painting the walls.
The color looks a bit brighter in these photos than it really is, but still...I love the way it turned out.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pie Safe Sprucin'

Very nice! I also like the items you arranged on top of it. To be honest, when I first saw the pic I had to reread your post because I thought this might have just been a magazine inspiration picture!-- the whole look is really sharp.

--Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: My crafting/thrifting/decorating blog

o

That looks nice and is almost like th genuine antique one that my mom passed down to me and I adore mine.

o

I love it! Those colors would go great in my house! *hint, hint*

o

Great job!

o

Wow, I certainly am impressed with a piece. It looks so beautiful and I too love the way you decorated it. The caribbean blue is an excellent choice and the starfish just makes it all perfect.

o

Perfect! You have provided the inspiration I need for a piece I have that needs repainting.

o

Thanks for the kind words...now, let's see those pieces y'all wanna re-do!
I love to see the before & after projects.

o

Love your cabinet, and your accessories on top of it. That teal color is very popular now, and really adds a nice snap of color to the cabinet. Luvs

o

Love your pie safe! That first picture looks straight off the cover of Country Home magazine! I'd love to have one, but they're waaay out of my price range. Maybe I'll find one on the curb one day...yeah right!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here