Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plastic white chairs

Posted by kattydid (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 07 at 12:00

My chairs are in great shape but, I. so tired of cleaning them. as wondering if anyone has used Krylon spray paint for plactic. Would like to paint them a different color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plastic white chairs

yeah the plastic paint works awesome....I did my chairs with a hammered black and they look like metal...

o

I used it on the plastic mesh seats of my patio chairs and am really happy with it. They sit out in the open sun, and are holding up just great so far. Luvs

o

Thanks gals!! Onward I go then, I think a nice deep purple, I want to do a mosasic table to go with them.

o

I've been dying to try out that Krylon paint for plastic on some cheapy chairs we have on the lanai. I would like to make them red. Does the paint come in cans to brush vs spray?

SW Florida is in hurricane season and most days are windy and/or rainy so my spray painting days are numbered until the Winter season.

Debbie in Florida

o

I've only seen it in the spray cans. It holds up very well. I did some white plastic chairs in a vibrant red and a small white plastic table in bright yellow.

RH in NC

o

I have used them on chairs and a small table with great results. I wish the local stores carried all of the colors that are offered online. I did write the Krylon people. They are not offering the brush on YET. But plans are in the works! I can not wait. I stenciled a recycling logo on my trash can but it bled through.Needs to be neatened up.

I will share my idea, I always wondered why trash cans were so ugly that people had to build fences to hide them. Why not make them pretty?? I always wanted to paint my cans to look like flower pots. ( I don't have room for a fence)
Or just paint them to look like the siding on my house to camouflage them. I sent this on to Rubbermaid, but no reply.
If any of you can patent this, please remember me in your will... hee hee
Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here