Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pouring Concrete-Question

Posted by texasfern (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 27, 08 at 11:42

I want to pour/mix concrete in a 5gal bucket for a bird feeder project. I have that Quickcrete Ready to pour stuff.
My hope is that I can just put it in the bucket, add water and set the pole.
Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pouring Concrete-Question

Why not? I once had a few bags sitting under a tarp all winter in the spring I had some very large bricks. But I think you should try to mix it. And remember once set it will not easily leave the bucket

Robert

o

I love the way your mind works Robt!
Just do it!

o

Fernie, we put all of our bird feeder posts in the ground with Quikcrete.....just dug a hole, added pea gravel...when we had it on hand...poured in some Quckcrete, added water, and voila...one permanently installed bird feeder post. They've lasted for years! We've had to change the feeders, but not the post. :)

o

Now I wish I had not cut the pole! Rats!

o

It will work but mix it if you can. Back in the days of the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) here in Michigan they stacked bags of concrete around and over the ends of culvert going under roads to form a concrete support. After a few rains they hardened and remain that way today.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here