Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tote bin lids reuse ideas needed

Posted by cdo_and_doug (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 11:02

I have about 25 tote bin lids that are headed to the landfill. Has anyone heard of any way to reuse or recycle these lids? I've been trying to think of possible uses in the garden to keep the weeds down.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tote bin lids reuse ideas needed

Sure try it on paths as long as they don't pose a trip hazard.

Other ideas:

trays for potted plants

serving tray for backyard BBQ/picni

drip guard for under car in garage

base for anything that you need to catch drips

depending on size of them -- could you drill holes & zip tie corners together to make a compost bin or raised garden bed frame for deeply rooted plants. Use container soil for a container garden that doesn't need as much watering because it touches the earth

as lid on compost tea buckets to keep flies out or worm bin lid

muddy boot tray

pet foot tray

o
RE: Tote bin lids reuse ideas needed

Ahhh Corrine1 I was gonna say boot tray lol! But the zip tie idea made me think that it could be a compost bin if you turn them on end for height.

Rolande

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here