Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to remove perfume smell from perfume bottle

Posted by phish (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 10:58

I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale today. I'd like to display them. I emptied the perfume and washed them out but they still smell like bad perfume (as do my hands now!). Any advice on how to get them to stop smelling like perfume?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to remove perfume smell from perfume bottle

Soak in a bleach solution? or maybe soak in a baking soda or vinegar solution.

o

I have successfully removed stubborn smells from jars by filling them with a solution of acetic acid (strong white vinegar) and hot water and letting them stand until the water has cooled. I haven't tried it on perfume smells, but it's worth a shot. You may need to repeat the treatment a couple of times before the smell is completely gone.

o

To get rid of perfume smell, use several soakings and rinsings with 70% rubbing alcohol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here