Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on how to fix garden statue exterior

Posted by phish (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 10:49

I got a beautiful shaped garden statue of a saint at a garage sale today. but the exterior has seen better days. It looks splotchy and moldy (I don't know why, you'd think a garden statue could withstand the elements).

How do you recommend I fix the exterior? I thought of cement colored (light gray) outdoor paint. Any other thoughts? I even thought of outdoor paint in different colors (as opposed to just painting the solid gray). I'd love any other advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on how to fix garden statue exterior

they make stain especially for concrete. It will also help seal and protect your statue from further deterioration. Make sure it is good and clean first, dish detergent and a scrub brush, followed by just a good rinse and allow to dry thoroughly for several days before attempting the stain. Make sure you stain and seal the bottom of the base too. one of the best things you can do for it is to keep it from contact with soil. rest its base on another piece of concrete or on gravel. constant contact with the soil will introduce extra moisture into the cement and expansion and contraction of the cement will be increased during heat and cold periods by the moisture retained in the concrete. best wishes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here