Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
using old grill for potting bench

Posted by Hallngarden (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 10, 05 at 10:46

Think I have seen pictures on this site of using an old grill for a potting bench. Neighbors placed on the street an old grill last night. I plan to use as a potting bench. Thought the side pieces would be wonderful to work on, and there are two metal racks under the bottom. Thought I would use the bin on top for cooking to put my compost soil for potting and would be easy enough to have the pots sitting on the side. Please give me ideas or where I can find pictures of what others of you have done to convert to potting bench. Thanking you in advance.
Hallngarden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: using old grill for potting bench

Great idea.
I have a small old grill in my son converted to use charcoal, taking up space in my backyard. Would like to see pic's & ideas.

Vangy plays in the dirt too

o
RE: using old grill for potting bench

I used the frame for a grill, took off the grill itself and placed the back grill off a refrigerator on top as a workbench. It doesn't have anywhere to put the soil but there is a shelf at the bottom and the grill table top lets the spilled soil fall thru. It's easy to wash off and best of all it rolls around to where I want it. I love it. I need to replace a few boards on the bottom and it can use a paint job. Notice how the grill top has "handles" on the end opposite the wheels. Here's the pic.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here