Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plate Flower Display

Posted by bagladyG (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 1, 11 at 10:05

I've been making garden plate flowers for a few months and am finally going to attempt to sell some at our local farmers market. The market is held in a large parking lot and I'm looking for ideas on how to display my flowers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plate Flower Display

5 gal can with some sand in it! Couple of large potted plants(sign on plant that is is for display of plate flowers only.) That's all I can think of. pics I've seen at sales had yard to put some of them in or the 5 gal containers. Good Luck! Hope you do well!

o

Kitty litter is lighter to carry than sand.....
I learned that quickly!!LOL
A 5 gal bucket of sand is HEAVY!

o

Right now I'm using an umbrella stand that I purchased at GW. I have a plan for some wooden stands but haven't found the time to acutally build them yet. If and when I do, I will post a picture.

o

and sand shifts- too many crashes. Kitty litter is the best- and use an old pot, if you can find one.

o

I use a really large plastic vase that I found and put river rock around pvc pipe. holds well and doesn't tip over.

Photobucket

o

A gal over on garden junk who is selling them in an icecream shop uses an milk crate over a piece of wood that she has drilled holes into.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here