Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
some of my trash picked items given a new life

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 07 at 9:39

well as usual I forgot to take before photos lol....believe me all of these looked hideous....anyway I had a blast doing these....oh and also I added the steeple window done thanks for all of the great ideas oh added a photo of a bench i trashed picked,and man it was heavy lol the woman whose house I trashed picked it from actually help me load it! what color should i paint it...it looks so 1960's 70's

Here is a link that might be useful: Elegant Relic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: some of my trash picked items given a new life

You trash picked that last bench? Wow! It's gorgeous!! I wouldn't paint it at all, it already has so much character and charm. Wish I could have it for my entry way :)

o

The things people throw out!! My goodness! You've done a beautiful job on everything. Love that bench. I'm so jealous. I'd leave it as is too. So glad you saved it from the landfill! ~Anj

o

I found the bench a home yaaa! it didnt really fit my decor but I did find a home:) you have no idea what these people toss in my town...

o

Mojo - that steeple window came out fantastic, love it. That bench is something else, it's so beautiful. I'd have made that "fit" whether it wanted to or not!

o

Ok, my favorite is your pink settee--love the color on it! And your birdhouse lamp is darling. You found some great things and made them look wonderful. Luvs

o

All great things. Is the birdhouse a lamp? I think the pink settee is my favorite,too. Did you paint the birdhouse and table with the flowers? Something I wish I could learn to do!

o

yup the birdhouse is a lamp...(the hard part will be finding a shade to fit it perfect....and yes I painted the flowers on the tables and lamps to cover imperfections....to learn to paint ac moore has pricilla hausers roses...she is really good with deatils...or even look over at the other home forum I think it is painting and decoration...painting fool gave great detail on painting roses and leaves

o

I love the pink bench! The Early American style bench reminds me of the type of furniture I had in the 70's. Nice piece. You're very lucky. I'm jealous.

Debbie in Florida

Here is a link that might be useful: My Web Site

o

Oh, I wish that bench would have waited for me! Great stuff and nice web site.. I am not too far from you! Next time I am down that way, I'll have to stop by your store!!
Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here