Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ahhh i love to trash pick lol

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 07 at 6:44

today my curbside shopping got me a beautiful 2 foot vase...2 gorgeous end tables....4... 5 foot victorian shutters...and a little magazine rack....its funny as soon as i see stuff i already have it painted lol...(I would love to do everything in barnyard red but I cant lol...)i will get some pics...its amazing what some people toss...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ahhh i love to trash pick lol

I wish people around here would throw stuff away like you're able to find! The stuff I see is broken beyond repair or I just don't have a quick enough imagination. I also don't have a lot of room to put things. We downsized our home considerably when we moved to Florida. No basement, the garage is Hubby's. So, whatever I bring home has to go inside the house somewhere.

You lucky girl!

Debbie in Florida

Here is a link that might be useful: My Web Site

o

I have to get up early lol...there are tons of people who go around this town...I dont get lucky like this all the time...sometimes i find trash so to speak lol...and sigh Im running out of room...i will probably grab some of my things and run to a flea market out in de to sell some of it....(i dont want to lol) but I think im becoming a pack rat!

o

I love the color Barn Red...and I cannot find it now! I painted our shutters and a door that color several years ago...surprised that even our Home Depot doesn't have it...they tried matching it with a color I chose from their color chart...Nope, too pink...then to a paint store...I chose a darker color...Nope, it's too pinkish on the shutters...(I painted a small area) Walmart came closest to the color, but still, has a pinkish look...Now, what am I going to do with 2 gallons and a quart of outside pinkish-red paint??..ha
Good finds Mojo! and Debbie, I enjoyed looking at your web site.

o

ahh I got my barnyard red at the oops paint in homedepot ...let me see if i can get the code for you...this color is perfect no pink tinge...

o

That is so true about the Barn Red paints! My spare room is this pinky mauve color-- very pretty (it was that color when I bought the house). And the name on the tin is... "Barn Red."

What in the heck kind of farmer would have a mauvy-pink barn, I cannot tell you-- But you can be sure the other farmers would keep their distance. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: My crafting/thrifting/decorating blog

o

Your mauvy-pink barn reminds of my FIL. When they moved from town to farm in the mid-50's there was only a tacky "pole" barn (aka shed) As soon as possible, they built a decent barn. Since my FIL was a scavenger, you never knew what he'd drag home. Well, someone had dumped gallons of red & gallons of white paint in a spot along the road used for a dump site. Mixed together, there was enough for the barn. And they had the only pink barn in the countryside! My FIL had a great sense of humor!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here