Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden sculpture info

Posted by phantom_gardner (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 29, 09 at 4:15

Hello,
I am new to this site and have fallen in love with it. I have started collecting glass to make a totem and am now looking for a bowling ball, lol. My question is this... I want to make a garden sculpture out of wire mesh and concrete and then make a mosaic out of it. I know how to weld and can get the wire to the general shape of what I am creating I just need to know how to get the concrete on the wire without all of the cement(or whatever) coming off and what is the best type of wire to use? I would only assume chicken wire would be too large a hole. What is the best cement type substance to make the basic form? I have heard thin set and I have also heard just plain cement. I have never made anything like this before so all info will be helpful. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden sculpture info

Phantom gardner, I would check out the stain glass and mosaic forum.. they do a lot of that kind of work there.. they make mushroom or toadstoods out of wire and cement and some they mosaic , check it out some of them do some really cool stuff..
I make the glass totems and bowling ball gazing balls, but the mosaic, I have a little trouble with.. so check out that forum..
huggy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here