SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandmathyme

Zebra Horse...where is it???

grandmathyme
14 years ago

Last night, thumbing through the posts here, I came upon a thread where somebody had painted one of those plastic kiddy horses on springs and made it look like a zebra. She also made a beautiful one with the horse painted black and had sunflowers on it.

I wondered if I would ever be able to find one of those horses and AMAZINGLY this morning, I found and purchased one at a yard sale for THREE DOLLARS!!! WOO HOO!

I've searched for zebra horse, carousel horse and just about anything else I can think of, I can't find it again. If anybody can show me where to find it' I'd be DEE--LIGHTED! Thank you very much!

Comments (7)

• grandmathyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I swear! I searched for hours trying to find the zebra horse picture and just seconds after I started this discussion I found the thread I was looking for! Please ignore this request!

• kitsykat
    14 years ago

Could you post a link to the site you found?

Thanks

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Here is link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Zebra horse

• justgotabme
    14 years ago

I had one of those spring bouncing horses when I was little. Wish I still had it for our grandson.

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I love it. I'm wondering if that was special paint for plastic. If I had that piece - I'd certainly want it forever ... paint cracking would devistate me !

• justlinda
    14 years ago

Hi, the 'zebra horse' is a project of mine. I painted it with whatever I could find in the workshop. There was black & white Tremclad Paint and different brand names of acrylic leftovers from other projects. After I coated it with some spray varnish.

But as you can see, I haven't put it out in the garden as of yet. I figure that I just might be responsible if my neighbours got apoplexy. Some of them just don't appreciate my 'inventive art' ~~ lol.

I'm thrilled that so many posters have written me with their questions about my horses. Everybody needs a zebra horse, or sunflower horse, or whatever you can dream up kind of horse in their garden!

• grandmathyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I absolutely LOVE the sunflowers on the black horse. I couldn't find wallpaper and have been looking for other sources of sunflowers I could use. I thought of napkins, wrapping paper or fabric, but just couldn't find any that were JUST right...until yesterday. I bought a nice sunflower fabric at WalMart and will starch it before cutting out the flowers so they don't fray before I get them attached and sealed to my horse.

Once I saw this sunflower horse, I just couldn't imagine any other flower on the horse than sunflowers! I hope to get at this project soon and I'll post pics of my copy of your beautiful project justlinda when I'm done! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area