Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen island help! I have no skills={

Posted by jennycm76 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 11 at 1:31

Hello everyone. I am doing a little kitchen redo. I have no woosworking experiance but am willing to study to learn! ok so i have a 42 x 60 table. I have a base cabinet that my contractor misordered (6 years ago) and I bought thinking it would be a great island. Its horrid. 24 X 30 just looks bad, It was a very overpriced thing so i cant just dump it, was wondering if i could put the table on top and use it as a dining island, i think there are programs out there that i could plug in the numbers and it would magically show me the creation but i dont know how to do it=) My dining area is small so i am trying to multipurpose.
Thanks in advance.
Jenny
Base close up
Snapbucket
Dining room and the table also the base is the ugly thing sticking out in corner there.

Snapbucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen island help! I have no skills={

How would you push the chairs in with that cabinet underneath?

o

Hi, jennycm,

I have a marble table/island that we made by adding a cabinet and shelves to a second-hand dining table. It's 34" tall--great for rolling pastry and biscuits.

I don't know if this is similar to your goal, but it may help:

Here is a link that might be useful: Work table/island

o

Why not buy some nice drawer pulls and paint it?

You might be surprised at how nice it looks, and the extra storage will always be useful.

o

Your dining room looks lovely from the picture. I think I agree with homemaker. Try painting it (sand it some first to get the shiny finish off), then put some pretty knobs on it and use it as a buffet. It looks like your dining room table might be either black or very dark brown, so you could choose either a coordinating color or something very different so it would be a focal point. Home improvement stores also have those wooden decorative pieces you could glue to the front of the drawers if you want extra pizazz.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here