Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Orange Blossom Pagoda

Posted by r_murray (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 08 at 0:20

Okay so it's not actually an orange blossom but I had to call it something.
I posted this on the Garden Junk Forum but some members of trash to treasure might not go there.

The base of the pagoda is actually two automotive brake parts (a vented rotor and a brake drum), the glass is from a table lamp, the bricks came from the great charcoal kilns of Nevada (late 1800's), the top piece was part of a chandelier in Harolds Club Reno (got it at auction), and all the other parts are free weights (the bar, plates and end stops).

Photobucket
Robert

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Orange Blossom Pagoda

That's wonderful Robert. It must be quite heavy. Love the look. Lynn

o

That's talent. I really like the amber colored glass on top.

o

I love it! Very creative.

o

Oh gosh! How pretty and interesting! I love the size of it, too. You did good!

o

Wow. This is so, so cool. How did you put them all together? Are they on a rod or something?

I usually don't like lawn sculpture much but this is interesting!

o

andi956 the barbell bar was driven into the ground and everything was assembled on it.

Glad you find it interesting.

Robert

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here