Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are there any good T to T magazines ?

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Sat, May 30, 09 at 23:06

The reason I asked is ..... I got a really cheap subscription (on special for 8 issues for $5 ) to Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. OMG ..... this is TOTALLY NOT ME. I hate seeing houses that are so perfect ... ugh !

Is there a magazine for us people that like to decorate on a shoestring and have a house that looks lived in ????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are there any good T to T magazines ?

Now there's an idea. Maybe we all should start one!
The trouble would be finding advertisers. They like to put their ads in publications that show how to use their products. I suppose we could talk the liquor people into it, lol. Or coffee!
Have you ever seen Ready Made? I used to enjoy it but they kept making remarks about how this isn't your mothers what ever and other kind of ageist stuff and I just got sick of it. Too bad cuz a lot of the articles are very good. How to re use, make chairs out of pallets for example. I wrote them a letter explaining that is why i didn't renew my subscription (I was nice about it) but I still get their on line newsletter. It occured to much later that they may have printed my letter which I actually didn't intend so I hope not.
Here is the link to their site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ready made

o

I was just thinking the same thing today while I was looking at WalMart's selection of magazines - probably 10 related to Scrapbooking and not a DARN ONE having to do with T to T!

o

Yep - beading and scrapbooking . That's about all I see . The few craft magazines I look at have mostly "kids crafts" in them . We need a good T to T magazine !

o

I love Country Living magazine. They often feature homes with mismatched second hand or antique furniture. They also have an interesting "steal this" feature where they tell you how the homeowner made something or what you could use to achieve the same look. A lot of the homes featured use curb finds, garage sale treasures and flea market pieces.

Another favorite is Do It Yourself. They have some great ideas for repurposing things and restyling furniture and home decor items.

But I think a lot of people will be happy to find Flea Market Style magazine when it starts publication. It is the brain child of Ki Nassauer who was half of the Junk Market Style book duo with Sue Whitney until they went their separate ways. Sue Whitney retained the Junk Market Style name and Ki Nassauer is creating a Junk Revolution. The magazine should be released in early spring 2010. You can keep tabs on it at her blog at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Junk Camp Blog

o

I hang out on JR and it's a great place. Lots of good ideals and very nice ladies...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here