Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Instuctions using metal or plastic pipe

Posted by joesye (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 05 at 21:18

I'm trying to locate instructions for making a metal or plastic frame of a man, woman or child to dress up for my yard!! I've already done a pot lady who has a planted hat for hair!! I want to dress a frame up!! Most of the forms I've located aren't pratical for the outside weather!! Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Instuctions using metal or plastic pipe

I think that PVC pipe would work like a charm... it's easy to work with.. you can cut it by hand or with a little pipe cutting gizmo.. and it's easy to solvent weld together.

maddiemom6

o

When i made mine i used a couple coat hangers,a wig stand,and an old wooden chair.I painted the face on the wig stand with flesh color paint,made her face up,you know eye make up,lipstick etc.Dh bent the hangers together to form her shoulders.We put a dowel up into the head and attached the hanger to that.I padded the hanger with some pieces of quilt batting,so she looked like she had shoulders.Bought her a dress and hat at a garage sale,dressed her,gave her some hair,and put big earrings on her to match her dress.Sat her in the yard where she stayed for about 5 or 6 months until some A**H*** stole her.
Sent the directions to my sister in N.Y. and she also made one.She just sent me another pictures of hers last week,as she gave her new clothes this year.
I may make another when i come back from vacation.
There was a picture of mine on the garden junk forum,don't know if it's still there.
Kathi

o

hi ,
I like your idea with the chair ,easy.
I have been telling d.d that we will make scarecrow people for the black berry patch . maybe sun.
well I saw or thought or saw ???? the idea to just use a simple wood t a board upright with a pc. at arm height .
i practiced one last week is a 2x2 with a board across with 2 screws and I will lean this up on a fence .
but I just borrowed and idea about waist high i will put a hanger and hang my pants on then put a shirt on I have a wig mold thought of using make up and a floppy hat .
I think some variation on both these ideas would make a very good person I,m blessed witha lot of old clothes .
have an artist kid next door we talked about him drawing a face on a ply wood head siloette for a faceand head.
what I need is more a scarecrow but hey some nice clothes the right face whos to say . rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here