Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Ideas for using key cards

Posted by Jaxxchica (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 05 at 21:09

Hi

My hubby travels alot and bring me home the key cards for the rooms. They are hard plastic similiar to credit cards and I have about 1000 of them. I would like to use them to make something but not sure exactly what.

Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Ideas for using key cards

Got kids????.. If so... take the cards and stick white stickers on the front ( disk labels are about the right size)..then drill a hole in the top center. Then list a single chore on each card. Then hang them on the " to-do" hook.. when they do it they can move them to the "done" hook! I did this with a whole bunch of formica chip samples.. it worked great!

maddiemom6

o

I seem to recall a commercial where Martha Stewart mosiaced a swimming pool with credit card pieces!

o

i wonder if you could use that Krylon spray paint made for plastic furniture and paint them, (maybe all different colors?) and mosaic using that?

o

Kids like to use pretend credit/debit cards. Okay, so even donating to pre-schools, that still leaves you with, like, 975 cards...

Paint, if desired, then punch holes at uniform spots top, bottom and sides of the cards, then attach w/ metal rings, 5 or 10 or however many across and then 10 or so down--mod window hanging.

o

Adnama, I LOVE this idea! You could use the spray paint (meant for outdoor furniture) that I mentioned, and use these as an alternative for a screen on a porch, or covered deck... thats how I see them. to keep them from moving too much, you could fasten them at the bottom as well...

Gee... this could be done with other things as well... like maybe cds?

o

I've seen this done with old slides. They fastened them top and bottom and hung row upon row of them in a window as the treatment. It reminded me of the old bead curtains we had in our doors in the 70's......

o

hi.
i have been saving those cards we all get in the mail for a few yrs have acan full .
I want to use them for shingles for a birdhouse or like I told d.d a barbi house I have done basi mock up with tape holding them and it looks pretty cool witht he mixed color . about the time I thought of that they started switching to the kinda papery ones , darn. don,t have a use for it but the curtain thingy would be eay to make . Rick

o

Have the kids make flashcards using a Sharpee marker to learn their times tables. That's a gift for life!

o

MAybe you could use them as garden markers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here