Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samples of Wood Picture Frames

Posted by Des_Arc_Ya_Ya (My Page) on
Sat, May 21, 05 at 20:49

I bought two clothes baskets full this morning at a garage sale for $1.00 each. You know what I'm talking about - the little corner "jobbies" that frame shops show you when you're picking out a frame.?

I had seen a table in a magazine several years ago. (Now, doesn't stuff like that get us ALL in trouble!? LOL) Anyway, the edge of the table was finished with various colors of painted trim/molding. Hard to explain and don't have my camera here, but I was wondering if those pieces of wood could be cut in, say, 2 inch by 3 inch blocks and attached to a table. Plan on painting/staining them and then wiping part of it off for a "time worn" look.

Am I just baying at the moon????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samples of Wood Picture Frames

To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. - Thomas Eidson. YaYa, I think you'll figure it out! And when you do, post a picture of your table. If the mouldings were the same size or close to the same size you could stagger fit them up/down across the edge. Alice

o

TTT

Anybody else? I'm still in a quandry as to what to do with them! In the meantime, I got two good Rubbermaid clothes baskets for $1.00 each, so I'm still ahead of the game! LOL

o

Something that might look good would be to hook two half frames together to make a square and then nest several smaller squares inside. You could do several of these until the entire table top was covered. Then do your painting technique and cover with glass.

Or you could somehow put the existing strips on the table to form a zigzag pattern all the way across.

o

I like Adella's idea....it would be an interesting conversation piece if nothing else. Other than that....I'd probably do something on flower boxes for the garden..would make interesting framing .....hummmmmmmm whatever be sure to post a picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here