Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trash to Treasure Trellis

Posted by lydia1959 (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 07 at 20:38

Just finished this today, will plant my climbing beans in front tomorrow. Probably not a good project for those of you with kids running around. It could seriously poke an eye out!

Free Photo hosting by PhotoLava.com

Started with an old piece of fence with old yard tools (rake, pitchfork, 2 shovels and a hoe)- all painted the same beige color held in place with those locking plastic ties. It is mounted on some old t-posts and I added the blue metal flowers that were in the free bin at a yard sale. The paint was the most expensive part (4 cans of Rustoleum). DH still needs to replace the ties sticking out on the sides with bolts.

I'll try to get a better/closer picture once the vines are growing up on it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trash to Treasure Trellis

Cool growing trellis for your beans.

This brings back memories of my folks growing string beans, lots of them, and us kids would have to pick them, wash and cut them up for Mom to can them in the fall time.

o
RE: Trash to Treasure Trellis

That is going to look cool with the vines growing up. Good job! ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here