Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
treadle sewing drawers -gone shabby!

Posted by celestialsdoxies (My Page) on
Sun, May 7, 06 at 18:58

You don't exactly have to like shabby, but my decor is shabby cottage, and I just wanted to share my make over of my two treadle drawers I bought on Ebay.

Luckily, they came in their frame, and that alone is hard to find.

I painted them ivory, distressed them, replaced the original knobs with coke green glass Depression style knobs, had the perfect width of 1/2" plywood, cut it to fit the open space over the top. Used foam and shabby fabric roses, decorative edging, and furniture tacks.

Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: treadle sewing drawers -gone shabby!

Wow! Pretty!

o

Wow, What a great transformation!!! I love it!!!

o

I really, really love that. You did a great job, also gave me a lot of ideas too..Thanks for sharing..

o

Go for it ladies! Possibilities are endless. I saw one on eBay that sold for quite a bit and I figured I could make one and mine turned out identical, except for the other person used white clear knobs, and I used green.

Painting over brown wood with white paint or another pastel is awesome, because you get a nice result from distressing it and the darker wood shows thru.

Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here