SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Question from a bemused reuser

joyfulguy
17 years ago

A week or so ago en route to the village I saw some interesting things with garbage by the highway.

Euro-Pro small mostly plastic vacuum with non-rotating brushes sweeping the carpet, head removable to allow installation of short flexible plastic hose, but no tools for hose. Clear plastic dust container, cyclone-style dust collection, straight-up tube adjustable-length handle (with addional built-in handle to use when using machine with hose). 800 number provided for info.

GE Bagel Switch 4-slice Toaster, switch "Bagel" or "Toast", "Cancel" button for each 2-slice unit, looks but little used, put out in its original box.

Steel-tube folding chair, card-set type wirh beige plaid fabric-covered upholstered seat, like-new condition.

Plus some other stuff, all of which looked so bereft that I felt that it really needed a home at my place (despite its being rather overloaded currently).

One of the churches that I attend is having a yard sale soon.

I told my son that I thought that I would put the toaster and the vacuum into the yard sale. He was somewhat perturbed, felt that I was out in left field doing such a thing. He (something of a pack rat, himself) thought that when someone puts things into a yard sale, there's an implicit warranty that goes along with it that they used it in their home earlier.

I asked him what he was talking about - that both of the items worked, so what was he fussing about? That if there were something wrong with them, I felt that I should make such information known to a buyer, but didn't feel that I should be under any such unstated obligation as he suggested.

Besides - this is a church-sponsored operation, (so no in-house residents [even mice?]).

A couple of friends - and someone on KT - can't see merit in his view.

What is your take on the situation, please?

ole joyful who doesn't want to be sneaky

P.S. Usually, it's Dad moralizing to son. A bit of tit-for-tat, here? He really looked to be serious, though.

o j

Comments (2)

Sponsored