Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not quite finished bistro set

Posted by KellyFG (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 05 at 16:53

I must have deleted the before pictures of this set before I downloaded them. It is a very old set that was white but mostly rust with green plaid seats that were worn out, the table top was some crappy formica thing someone must have made for it later on. I took the seats off, used a grinder to remove all the rust, primed it & painted it. I will make new seats & buy red bar stool cushions for them. The top I'm undecided about...I might have a piece of glass cut or I was thinking about doing a mosiac top. This set was free, somebody was throwing it out & DH brought it home(he knows how much I love trash to treasure)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not quite finished bistro set

That is a darling set. Congrats on such a cute freebie!

o

Good for DH! That will be wonderful when you finish fixing it up!

Lucky you!

~Sandy~

o

Very pretty! I vote for a mosaic top!

o

Wasn't that thoughtful of your DH. I love the set. A bistro set is definitely on my list of 'wanna finds'. cant wait to see the finished product. Alice

o

Wow! Thats a fabulous find.I bet it'll be better than new when you're finished with it.
Be sure to post pictures when it's finished.

Eliza Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here