SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellyfg

T to T retaining wall!

KellyFG
18 years ago

In our quest to solve all of our new homes lanscaping problems on a tiny budget we decided to get very crafty with a retaining wall. one area of our property dipped down toward the neighbors(there was on old wood retaining system that failed a while ago). Last year we had trouble getting grass to grow there because heavy rain would wash it away.

My creative DH brought home broken up stamped concrete patio that he removed from a customers home & we stacked & packed it a long the property line & then filled it in with 5 yards of topsoil. We are trying achieve the look of slate or bluestone with grass growing up to it & flowering groundcover in between. The pieces are about 6" thick & we broke them into random sizes.

This is a picture we took of the yard the day we made our offer on the house last year-its not a great shot but its the only before I have of the property slopping

I will post more pictures after the grass grows in. Total cost for 40 ft of retaining wall including 5 yards of topsoil $80.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio