SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aa62579

Need assistance reusing laminate sink cut out

aa62579
11 years ago

My parents built a new house recently and we saved the cutouts from the main sink and prep sink. They are laminate. My father is tall and on certain dishes, he helps chop veggies, etc., and wishes the counter were higher. So, our plan was to use the leftover sink cutouts and attach legs to them to make a movable piece of counter that was about 4-6" tall. He will still need to use a cutting board, etc. but this should raise it to a more comfortable height for him. The legs were easy to find and I stained them to match the counter tops. I have the hardware to attach them to the bottom of the laminate counter.

I do not know what to do about the edges, though. The kitchen counters have a rolled ogee edge on them, so we did not get any of the edge strips you often see. I have seen wood edges as well - not sure if this is actual strips of wood or the iron on edging that is rolled up. Can anyone suggest an idea for the edges? I don't have access to a lot of cutting tools. The counter is about an inch thick and it would actually be nice if the edging would come down about 1/4" - 1/2" more to hide the hardware for the legs to attach.

Any suggestions?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County