Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with an old dresser mirror frame?

Posted by luv2bcreative (My Page) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 15:16

I have a dresser mirror with a thick wooden frame. The mirror is gone from it. What is the best method for the best-looking end-use product for maybe a collage of vintage family photos?

Or maybe a modification to make it a shadowbox of family treasures??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with an old dresser mirror frame?

I have a frame that I'm planning to use to make a wall organizer. I linked a pic example:

Here is a link that might be useful: wooden frame wall organizer

o

The 1st thing that popped in my head was from a recent photo I saw somewhere of a rather large empty wooden frame (probably was from a mirror too) that was hung with a framed picture inside of it. It was very eye catching, and the frames had 2 different finishes/colors. I'd love to do this project myself because I have a literal ton of empty frames of all sizes. I'd love to see what you finally decide to do with it.

o

Just another thought on my post....if the frame is VERY large, you might consider using 2 or 3 framed pics, or even a bunch of other pieces inside the frame to make an interesting wall grouping? Thinking small mirrors, plaques, wall pockets, along with the usual pictures. And also come to think of it.....it might make a great "display surround" for family photos.

btw....love the organizer idea as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here