Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
large vegetable cans (6 lbs)

Posted by flowersnow (My Page) on
Sat, May 28, 11 at 13:50

I have quite a few large vegetable cans that I have been thinking of doing something crafty with. I did paint one...possibly a planter (plastic liner). But I noticed that the labels are very colorful..especially the peaches and tomato labels. I was wondering, since I have soo many, maybe I should sell them. Just getting an idea, but what would you pay for empty 6lb vegetable cans? 25 cents? 50 cents? 75 cents? $1.00? I am sure not more than a dollar...right?

Thanks for the suggestions! And, yes, I really do have A LOT of them!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: large vegetable cans (6 lbs)

Aren't those what they make wall pockets from ? ( Google metal wall pockets ) Those would be great for that ! I'd pay a buck for it ! Leave the labels on -- they can always take it off if they want to .

o
RE: large vegetable cans (6 lbs)

YES! I have seen some great pictures of them used as wall pockets? I tried my hand at mod podging fabric to them. So far, I really like the affect. I have these large plastic containers that fit perfectly inside the cans with an inch ledge at the top. I have already poked holes in the plastic and used it as a flower pot. Any excess water will just drain into the can so no mess on a table. Like I said, I have many...many of them!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here