Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ideas for sheet music

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 07 at 13:27

okay Im am going to be selling old sheet music for someone, I would love some ideas to give people on what they could do with it ....suck as decoupe a table or frame it....any other cool ideas anyone can come up with? or and if you got photos I could use that would be awesome also!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ideas for sheet music

I would actually be interested in knowing what you are selling and maybe buying some! Could you let me know?

o

scrapbooking, framed, using as a background of a frame with a picture in front of it. I'm sure there are some more ideas out there.

Here is a link that might be useful: my site

o

I covered a wooden box with sheet music for a friend who is a pianist.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

I've framed quite a bit of it, as well as scanned the images for potential decoupage. I'll post the link to the framed stuff below.

--Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: My vintage sheet music

o

junk you can email me at rrriphertoshreds@yahoo.com
Im selling this for an older musician he played in the 40's there is over 400 pieces of sheet music from the 20's 30's and 40's....here is a pic of the table I found in the trash and used 2 of the sheet musics

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

I've used sheets of it to wrap small gifts. For example, one of my friend's last name is "King". I sent her a gift wrapped in Roger Miller's "King of the Road". One friend lives in Texas and has been promsising to come home to visit Arkansas for months. I sent her one in "Green Green Grass of Home"! LOL

o

Lovely table, Mojo... Looks like you don't actually NEED out help in developing projects. :-)

--Jenn

o

These are such great ideas, I'm gonna add them to my music room page, if you don't have any objections.

Here is a link that might be useful: music page

o

Not a problem for me, Robolady. :-)

o

lol I always want some different off the wall stuff like what thrift shop did....(i loved those photos thrift) and robo lady wow what you did with instruments .....decoupeing the table was fun but i guess somewhat normal with what you would do with sheet music lol...

o

I think your decoupage project, Mojo, is beautiful. Very creative.

o

My husband is a drummer, and the spare bedroom in the house is his "BAND ROOM". Last year I bought a large box of old sheet music at a estate sale and wall papered one wall in the room. Everyone thinks it's really cool. And it did turn out great.

o

MoJo, love the table you did and all the ideas other's have given. I was going to say, like Cammie, to wallpaper a wall. I think doing a half bathroom would be great too, so your guests have something to read, or sing, while they go. ;) I've seen maps used that way. Guess they can plan a trip while going then.

I also think decoupaging an instrument case would jazz it up a bit. Even a suitcase that's used for it's normal purpose or stacked and used as a table would look great. You can always add to any of the projects other items to break up an allover pattern of just the music with flowers or cutouts of something that goes with the lyrics. Like a Rose for the Yellow Rose of Texas and a buggle and guys in vintage military uniforms for The Boogie Woogie Buggle Boy by the Andrews Sisters.

Decoupage it to a chair that's used by a child, or adult, to practice their instrument of choice on.

Or what about all the plastic furniture like those put together shelving units, kids chairs and tables? Hey even an outdoor adult table using just the all over music pages as the background and the covers placed as placemates? Of course being used outdoors it would need a few top coats of a marine polyurethane, but I think that would be quite a conversation piece.

I'll stop now incase I'm boring anyone.

o

Robolady I'm very glad to see the link to your music page! I've been looking for some ideas for our piano room - and I love the story about that old water logged piano being recycled.

o

wow i never thought of wallpaper i would bet that looks awesome...im so glad i posted this question here so many amazing ideas...and justgotabe you never bore me keep em coming is all i got to say! thanks all!

o

Some old music sheets are worth $$$--to collectors--I love your ideas now will start looking at farm estates for my scrapbooking ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here