Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does anyone here raise chickens? Ever make TtT stuff for them?

Posted by kellyfg (My Page) on
Tue, May 16, 06 at 13:21

has anyone ever made a coop, next boxes, feeders or anything else trash to treasure style for their chickens?
Inspire me with pics if you have!
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does anyone here raise chickens? Ever make TtT stuff for them

Hello Kellyfg, I had chickens and when we did have them we used 5 gallen buckets that my husband rigged up for them to use as nest boxes as well as a 5gallon bucket for water was very hard to flip over after full of water but lasted them a while :) l used a large plant saucer and attached it to the lid of the bucket and made for a tight seal as well as using a 5 gallon bucket hung from the pen area for food as well just attached the plant saucer on the bottom of bucket with some large hole drilled out for the food to relase from. Hope this helps you some.
Tammie

here is the link
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rseptl34/detail?.dir=478bscd&.dnm=27fare2.jpg&.src=ph

o

We took a crate from a garden display and used it as a nesting box condo for our chickens.

o

My son raises chickens and makes the nest boxes from discarded cat litter buckets. They're the kind with the hinged lid. He just cuts the lid at the hinge and removes the largest part of the lid. The sides of the buckets are flat and sit well on 2x4 crosspieces. He stacked two layers of the buckets and it's worked well for him.

o

Kelly,
Didn't know if you knew this or not, but there is a forum where they all talk about their chickens.

Here is a link that might be useful: Farm Life

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here