Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any ideas for this? PIC

Posted by lydia1959 (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 07 at 13:00

Free Photo hosting by PhotoLava.com

It's original purpose was to hold rubber stamps. I don't have a lot of bracelets, but it would be a neat display if I did.
Any ideas??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any ideas for this? PIC

hmmm. looks as if it has clamps. might could use it to hold greeting cards. envelopes. cd's. etcs.

o

Photo's, postcards, greeting cards, jewelry. It's a great item. See something similar here.

Here is a link that might be useful: twirley thing

o

If you could take it apart the two holders would make great snowflakes to hang or nice things to sit potted plants on. Would it hold little pots which could in turn be filled with stuff? ~Anj

o

You could use it as a spicerack by filling test tubes with spices and plugging them with corks.
You could insert prescription bottles and use it for sorting small items - beads, buttons, safety pins, screws, etc.
Don't know if this would work or not, but you could hang it upside down and use it to hold wineglasses.

o

How about holding makeup, lotions and/or perfumes?
As a desk organizer.......holding bills, notices, schedules?
Do you need anything to hold tools.......the most used ones like pliers, small hammer, screwdrivers, tubes of nails/screws?
Could you use it atop something to twirl around outside and hang beads/ribbons from it?
Would it be possible to hang seasonal ornaments from it? Children's pictures/artwork?
Maybe take it apart and use each wheel to make a "sun" on a wall or fence?
Might be neat with mirrors behind them or brightly painted pieces of wood. THey look cool......

Just some ideas......Julie

o

Thanks for all the ideas!

It won't hold cd's (they slip out) nor anything else with much weight. Paper and cards don't really work in it either. It could possibly work upside down to hold wine and other stemmed glasses as Jade suggested.

I also thought of either adding plexiglass circles on top the flat metal pieces (it does come apart)and use it as a cookie or candy server. OR I could use it to display vintage hankies which I already have a small collection of.

Keep the ideas coming!

o

Clip in test tubes and use it as a flower holder for a different type of centerpiece.

o

This is so funny, I saw one of these today and almost picked it up. It wasn't rotating though, it was 2 rows of the clips.
Let us know what you do with it.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

o

Look what I found on page 131 of the Junkmarket style book

Here is a link that might be useful: twirly thing spice rack

o

robolady, that is so cool! I have no ideas, but I remember seeing racks like that when I was a kid, which wasn't too long ago.

Debbie in Florida

o

Thanks Robolady! I really like the look of that!

o

It is a old stamp holder. The one like the post master would use.

o

Yes, a rubber stamp holder.

Here is a link that might be useful: One like it

o

Lydia, my first thought was to use it to display tiny black and white school photos - you know the kind that are smaller than wallet sized?

They'd be turned to the side, but that's okay, cause everybody immediately wants to twirl the darn things, anyway! LOL

Good find!

o

How big is it? Would small cups or baby food jars fit. I have so many small items for crafting that i need at hand, and that would be great to put on my table for small scissors, needles, glue sticks,beads, etc,etc,etc, LOL. lots of things.

o

Baby food jars would be too wide, small vases would work if they were wider at the top. Pictures would have to be tied on. Old black and whites would make a neat display though!

It's still just sitting here. I'm hoping I run into some of those white spice jars at a yard sale. They are too expensive for me on eBay!

o

okay this might sound weird but would test tubes fit it? if so you can find them all different sizes and there easy to find.. ....well in nj there easy to find lol...add your spices or vinegar or oil mixes and add a cork...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here