Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Mother's Day

Posted by dandyliondeb (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 07 at 12:16

Hi All, and Happy Mother's Day!

I'm acting like a Queen for the Day and doing what I want to do. Hmmm... I do that everyday! Just another lazy Sunday. My son is still sleeping and my hubby is out doing a job he promised and I have the house to myself. Me and my projects. There's no wind today so I'm outside spray painting.

Anyway, I hope everyone can be Queen for the Day!

Debbie in Florida

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Mother's Day

Thanks, Debbie. (From Ya Ya - who's still wearing my ladybug pajamas! LOL)

o

Happy MD to everyone. Hope everyone was able to do what they wanted on our special day.

Here is a link that might be useful: My online Journal

o

Hope all you Moms had a good one yesterday! Spending all day in your ladybug pjs sounds like a great way to spend the holiay. :-)

Yesterday I posted on my blog a little mom-related thing I suspect many other daughter can relate to-- differing decorating taste of mom and daughter (Mom's was devoutly 70s Early American in harvest colors!), and how those things your mother adored but you might not have cared for still produce happy memories in retrospect. If anyone has a moment, I've posted the link below.

May the mother's day joy extend throughout your year.
--Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: Mother's Day blog

o

Oh my gosh, thrift shop romantic, I'm going to age myself here. In the 70's, my favorite color was avocado. My wing back couch and kitchen appliances were all in that yummy green. My carpet was gold shag and I loved it. When my couch was so worn out, I wanted to get a slipcover to hide all the holes. I was devastated when there was no avocado green available. So I finally bought a new couch that was mass produced in orange and brown floral.

Imagine how I felt when bell bottoms went out of style! And platform shoes! Tie dyed t-shirts!

I better stop while I'm ahead.

Debbie in Florida

Here is a link that might be useful: How I decorate now

o

Ah, Debbie, love your story-- and I absolutely and totally understand what you're saying! This is exactly what my poor mom went through when the styles changed. Mom's mantra was, "Don't you think harvest colors are cozy?"

Every room in the house was a harvest. :-) When the dishwasher died and my folks had to get a new one, they weren't making "coffee" colored appliances anymore. And so Mom had Dad spraypaint it coffee to match.

She was devoted. :-)

Thanks for sharing your 70s experience. I am currently having issues over the loss of the bellbottom resurgence of five years ago... Things are going back to straight legs and this does NOT work for me... I feel your pain.

Have a great day!
-Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: My non-harvest-color decorating :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here