Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what to do with used yankee wax?

Posted by GRDNCHIK (elsa71175@verizon.net) on
Fri, May 6, 05 at 12:07

SO, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR OLD WAX AFTER YOUR CANDLE HAS MELTED AND YOU ARE LEFT WITH REMAINING WAX? I PERSONALLY USE TARTS AND I HAVE ABOUT 2LBS LEFT OF WAX, AND I DON'T WANT TO THROW IT AWAY. IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IF YOU WANT IT DO LET ME KNOW. I WILL SEND IT FOR POSTAGE.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what to do with used yankee wax?

You can re melt the wax and make more tarts.Take an old coffee can or some other large can and put the wax in in it.Melt it down by placing the can of wax in a pot of boiling water.You can pour the melted wax into any kind of mold that will not melt with heat.I have used some old mini muffin tins,sturdy paper dixie cups.You can also buy little molds at Wal-mart in the craft section.I have even used flat glass plates and the disposable pie pans.Just pour in a thin layer,about 1/4 inch thick,let it set then break into small pieces to melt in a tart burner.....Lillie

o

OR.......since the more expensive ones like the Yankee candles have such an intense scent, I take the pieces and put them in musty smelling places or anywhere you want a good smell. I've even put them under the seat in my car. I have some right now in my kitchen pantry and it smells really nice.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Lillie, thanks for the info but I don't want to reuse the left over wax to remake another candle since the fragrance is gone or is extremely light.

If someone can use the wax do e-mail me.

o

GRDNCHK, you can rescent the wax. I have before. Just make sure you use a candle oil that is the same fragrance or use one that will go with the orginal scent.
Example-- I had banana nut candle wax, and added some cherry scent. Ummm---- yummy!

Heck, I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it anymore. My email is minicrazy@brtc.net if you want to email me with particulars.

Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here