Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Bedroom (photo) Long!

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 08 at 11:25

Wanted to show you guys my "new" curtains. Bought them last weekend at a garage sale. Gave $5.00 for enough panels to cover all four of my windows. (Have 2 sets of 2 windows). They had three white ones and three ecru ones - new still in packages. Friend and I looked at each, smiled, and said, at the same time, "Alternate'em!" LOL

One window is white panels with ecru in the middle and one is reverse. I love them.

Bed's not made great and lampshade is crooked - don't act like you see that stuff! LOL

My Mom made my white quilt several years ago. The oval in the middle was made from a pattern of her dining room table! LOL Now, THAT'S trash to treasure! LOL

The little white ladder has numbers printed on it of the three addresses that Twinkie and I have had since we've been married. I luuuv ladders!

What's everybody else been up to? Having a garage sale Saturday. Wish all of you could come. I KNOW you guys would see the potential in all my "treasures"! LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Bedroom (photo) Long!

what a find! and it looks nice, too.

o

How smart you are! Looks great!

o

I like it as well. Did you buy your dresser white or did you paint it? I love white painted furniture.

o
RE: My Bedroom (photo) Long! It's me again, Margaret!

It's my DSD's old one from when she was little - Twinkie, (my DH) does all my painting! LOL

Forgot to tell you guys that the same day I found the curtains I also bought four porcelian (that's not right but I don't care!) door knobs - two white and two ecru colored. Was gonna use them to hold the panels back but don't know if I will, or not, as I like them as they are.

o

The curtains look great, the whole room is very calming and serene.

I'm working on redecorating my bedroom too ... got new bedding, bought paint for my furniture and have a trash to treasure project lined up as well. Hope to have it done end of June since we are having out-of-town company in July. I'll post a picture if it all turns out!

I'm having a garage sale Saturday too! Been pricing and organizing for 2 weeks now... where did all this stuff come from???? Oh, yeah I remember now... it came from other people's garage sales! lol

o

LOL (With you!) Lydia!

o

Love how you thought of alternating them..that was so lucky! I got lucky and bought a lot of white sheers for a nickel each,and used 12 in the living room. Then used some new in the package flat sheets I also bought at a yard sale for making slipcovers and changed my mind and made window scarves :) Use the doorknobs on a piece of wood like a coat rack, or google some ideas, I know I've seen a lot of great ideas with them.
DH found the oil painting for 3.00 at a yard sale:) I'm getting dark blue slipcovers.

Oh,and love the orbs in your photo,too!!

Here is a link that might be useful: sheet curtains

o

This is very lovely and would be very calming to wake up too. I had a painter friend who told me to do my bedroom in RED!!! Can you imagine waking up in a totally red bedroom - no way I told him.

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here