Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Updated Web Page

Posted by dandyliondeb (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 07 at 11:06

Hi All!

When we sold our house in Chicago, I got rid of a LOT of stuff, many things I wish I still had. We did buy some new furniture when we got to Florida, however I have more fun fixing up things I get in thrift stores and garage sales. That way I can have things that no one else can buy at the local furniture store.

I finally updated my family web site and added some pictures of some of my decorating projects. After I clean house, LOL, I'll add more. I thought you might enjoy taking a peek in my house to see what I like to do and what I like to collect.

I'm glad I finally came into this forum and I want to thank everyone that has made me feel welcome to put my two cents in!

Debbie in Florida

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorating

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Updated Web Page

Nice home Debbie, I'll be adding it to my links page.
I have a son named Allen. Is your Allen a girl or a boy?
Love your stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: my online T2T magazine

o

robolady,

Oh, he's all boy! When he moved out, I warned him that I was going to re-do his room and paint all his old furniture. Well, he's back (after 6 weeks, lol) and now he's stuck with white furniture! He said he really doesn't mind, he learned a lot in those 6 weeks and he's happy to be back home. Not for too long, I hope, he's going to be 27 this year. Geesh!

Debbie in Florida

o

Debbie,

Cool house and cool stuff. Loved looking at it all.

sunnie

o

I really enjoyed your webpage! I love the shabby chic style too, including the white furniture and glossy pink ceramic pieces. Thanks for sharing!

o

Debbie....I think I want to move in, and I could bring lots to add to your collections. I have the same S+P on my kitchen table that you had on yours at home!! I also have collected a bazillion sets of individual S+P's silver and glass...some of them the same as yours!!! (I also have the same silver tray to display them in :^) Just substitute red and white transferware for your beautiful blue!!! You have done an amazing job!! and I like the "niche" just the way you have it!

and PS: I lived and went to school in Florida!

o

jaybird,

Thank you for all the compliments! I have so much blue and white in my house that I had to do something different in the back bedroom and pool bath. I'm trying to add a few touches of burgundy to the living areas just to break up some of the blue. I just picked up 2 cut glass table lamps at the thrift store, one of them still has a sticker stating it is lead crystal made in Poland. As soon as I clean my living room, lol, I'll get some pictures onto my web site.

Thank you again!

Debbie in Florida

P.S. Where in Florida??

o

Debbie, your home is very lovely, nice job. I'm also into the blue, blue, blue accents till a few years ago when I started to add the country red and mustard colors here and there. The colors are perfect together and there's more for the eye than everything being blue. The carosel horse decoration you have in your cabinet is just gorgeous as are the other blue pieces.

You asked for suggestions on recovering furniture. My sis wanted to recover her couch and chair some years back so she carefully removed the tacks/nails and took the fabric pieces off trying not to rip or literally destroy them. Once she had that done she used a seam ripper to undo the sewn together parts of the couch/chair fabrics she took off and laid those pieces down on her new fabric, cut them out in the exact pattern and sewed them together as they were in the old patterns. Next was to put it all back on the couch/chair and used new nails/tacks where they went. You'd never know she refinished the furniture fabric, looked brand new. My sis is very much into sewing though and loves it so these projects were right up her alley.

o

Thank you craftlady. When I eventually do my chair, I'm going to do it just as your sister did. I'm still looking for the right fabric. My hubby suggested that I slip cover the chair but I told him I would lose too much of the detail that makes the chair what it is.

Debbie in Florida

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here