Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for sand toy/disk!

Posted by geebee (My Page) on
Sun, May 14, 06 at 9:58

I'm not sure if I've posted this to the right forum, but hope someone can help. YEARS ago we had an item that was one of those "toys" you couldn't leave alone. It was an oval or rectangle plexiglas flat disk about 3/8" thick that was filled with grey, blue, & white colored man-made sand and some kind of clear liquid. As you flipped the disk over the sand would slowly seep thru the liquid making what looked like the bottom of the ocean. For some reason, it was fascinating to watch--each time you flipped it, the sand would flow thru differently. I'm trying to find another such type item, but can't even remember what it's called, nor where to find one. Any idea?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for sand toy/disk!

Is it a toy like this? See the second item under the link. I googled "Sand viscous toy" to get this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moving Sand Art

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here