Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Creative Home Arts Club

Posted by angiegrow2 (My Page) on
Wed, May 20, 09 at 9:54

Does anybody knows about the Creative Home Arts Club, They send me a letter offering a lot of stuff for only one dollar per month, I am not really a craft person I just get stuff from the dumpster and curb and make them beautiful and usable again with glue, paint and tools.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Creative Home Arts Club

Don't bother. I got sucked in, and their stuff is pure junk. The magazine is 75% ads, and what "projects" there are look like they were designed by a kindergarten class. There are no "creative home arts" visible anywhere IMO.

You are already being creative by repurposing found objects, and find much more satisfaction than you would by assembling purchased kits into something not useful at all.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I am still PO'd at the chasm between hype and reality.

Nancy

o

I have to agree with Nancy. I was dismally disappointed by them too. You are able to get "free" craft kits but, I can't remember exactly why, but they weren't really free. It might have been, the kit is free but shipping and handling is $50 or you became a member with an obligation to purchase future kits or supplies. You'd get more inspiration on this forum or others than you'd get in their magazine. Plus you get lots of mail from them trying to get you to become a "lifetime member." I think it was something ridiculously high like $400 but you got a bunch of free things that would probably equal about $100. Definitely not worth it in my opinion.

o

I curb shop and redo things as you do. I get my ideas by
looking at magazines, and here on the web. would love to share some with you. Sounds like we are two of a kind,that
is how I felt before finding gj and t2t.

laney bug

o

Angie If you are the least bit creative you don't need this club. I felt it was a rip-off. And I'm glad you asked before sending $. Paula

o

Since I discovered the garden forum about two years ago, my changed for the best, I live in a city where expensive cars, nice restaurants and mall shopping are the most important things, I live in a small area that the city purchased few years ago and the minority live, I have to share this with you because I paint and fix my apartment myself, I do my gardening, grow bananas, tomatoes, my children also love to grow their own. as soon they come from school they run to the back yard,People here do not take care their homes and apartments,they don't even have to cook, there is habitat for humanity and the city to do all the work,so everybody believes that I am crazy because whenever a rich person give a resident a good piece of furniture I ask the maintenance guy to open the dumpster for me. The begining of the story is I just signed the lease for my 600sq ft storefront, I have 800 sq ft storage, even a brand-new cash register that somebody did not use for his business fell in my hand, mannequins, racks, displays case when Norstroms and Macys were renovating, one time I have to call a worker at the mall to watch the door of the compactor while I was inside grabbing a tailor manequin I have perfumes, Books, garden, flowers, collectibles, brand-new clothes, shoes and more. There is a very knowledgeble person from the garden forum that I want to thanks, watergal I am running my interior plants service and I am very happy and relaxed, I did my website with the help of my children is angieinteriorplants.com, my store will be angie's The Resale Diva, I just registered the name with the state, I still need more money for the next two month's expense, I also expect to take consigment, I really I have thank you all of you for your proyects, I am learning a lot, by the way I curb-shopped a very old and big mirror, I scraped the gold film in the back, glue pictures of myself, painted the frame and you can see the pictures and the reflection, Four people were bidding on it, starting a 150.00, Maybe I will keep it, I am sorry it is long but this is the begining of my new life and I have to tell, it means a lot to me, finally I will be making money and doing something that I enjoy at the same time.
Thank you
Angie

o

My goodness Angie, what an inspiring story! You are an extraordinary junker, finding all that great stuff. Good luck with your new store and post pics sometime!
kathy

o

What a lovely story, Angie! I wish you the best with your new venture!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here