Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beach tables

Posted by lsjtc (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 08 at 9:40

We have several large spools we would like to make table for our beach on the pond and put an umbrella in the middle hole. Now we are stumped as to some inexpensive or free to use for stools. Any ideas??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beach tables

How an Adriondrack or other style chair made out of pallets? If you look around on the internet, you can probably find free instuctions and patterns.

o

Small benches around it would like nice too.

Sal

o

We use Log rounds. Tack an old comfy cusion to the top or make something to cover top so your tushy doesnt get sore. I saw something in a magazine that I am now dieing to try it was a cool twisted old stump with velvet cloth cushioned seat tacked to the top for an over sized table seat tons of tacks and very yummy looking velvet. It was set in a covered outdoor dinnig space that looked so great I want one!

o

Thanks for all the great ideas. I thought of the bench idea but like the idea of individual seating a little better. Craftybrat, do you have a pic...these sound wonderful!!

o

old nail kegs would work great! A friend of mine cut several logs from his farm and placed a square of 3/4" plywood nailed to the top then added old tractor seats-comfy & unique!

o

I wish I had some pictures. I saw them in a book at the libary and now I can't find them but I bet they won't be hard to make just need a log round that is big enough and dry and tons of foam and tons of those tack thingies for furniture. I've used all those on stuff but not on this yet.

o

is this it?

Here is a link that might be useful: stump chair

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here