Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Renewing doors

Posted by CEFreeman (My Page) on
Thu, May 12, 11 at 9:26

Hi all!

I've picked up a bunch of doors (will total 15) at the Community Forklift here in the DC area.

Some I'd love to strip, but there are decades of paint on them.

A couple French doors have decent, white-ish paint jobs on them.
I was even considering antiquing them a bit more and was wondering about crackle paint. Has anyone used it?
Pros and cons? And definately opinions, please?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Renewing doors

The link below is one I saved from a previous poster. Specific page is windows and doors.

Love this blog and ideas for everything someone else would toss.

Go to her "Home" page, there are libraries full of how to's for more than I could ever accomplish.

Enjoy...

Here is a link that might be useful: Using old

o

OMG.
I'm going to be reading there forever!

I have a back porch that has a 16'10" long, 54" tall screened area. I wanted to get a little protection from the weather by hanging old windows in that space.

What a great site!
Thanks for writing

o

emagineer, That is one great link. So many ideas!
Marylee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here