Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone say totems or birdbaths

Posted by donnainnc (My Page) on
Sun, May 23, 04 at 8:20

I went to the dump yesterday and brought home 2 truckloads of goodies this one man was throwing away a bunch of trophies he gave them to me and also said he had over 100 more that I could have when he cleaned out his bldg I'm in totem and birdbath heaven. Thats not counting all the other good stuff we found Got 2 bicycles to take apart and do some things with was I lucky or what?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone say totems or birdbaths

I don't know but I pass them up at the thrift store...I've yet to see something made with them. I'd like to see what you come up with, maybe I'll give it a try.

o

I see old trophies for pennies at garage sales. I can't think of anything to use them for ! Can you share any ideas for them with us ?

o

I took them apart and will rearrange along with old lamps and things to make birdbaths and feeders andgarden totems will post pics when I get them done

o

I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Carolina

o

VERY CLEVER IDEA (with the trophies !) I hope you can post pics when you are done :)

o

Donna, looking forward to seeing pics of what you do with your trophies and bikes. Good haul!

Kalona

o

I reuse old trophies too, I have made staves for parades or attach to each tent leg when I do events. MSO aka one with couch makes me musical shakers out of them which are fun. if they are the trophy ladies I use them in my collage projects. I also have a marble orchard in my yard where I laid the marble pieces like brickswhich are now covered in weeds lol One of my friends uses the wooden base parts for musical sanding bars, and drum stick practice. I do have a totem of the wonderful holographic pieces in my corner of the living room. Sometimes the special oly,pics in the area will take them too as trophies for there participants.the double ended thread rods and connectors can be used for tons of other stuff too....including link to my DDP photoalbum which has some of the other projects I get roped into hope the link works

Here is a link that might be useful: dumpster Diversion Project

o

Trash tricks....

I really enjoyed your pics....how creative!!

o

What can you make with old bicycle parts?
We have 3 rusting bikes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here