Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
okay anyone in nj or pa great trash to treasure flea market!

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 07 at 6:35

i had a couple of people tell me I needed to go to a place called the perkiomenville auction and flea market...what a tnt gold mine....i thought the dealer prices where a little on the high side...but it could have been due to the holiday...anyway the best part is table after table of FREE yes FREE stuff that you can take after they finish the auction on that table....I got milk glass, tons of shutters...a gorgeous hand carved wooden tropical theme mirror...and tons of other stuff FREE lol did i mention free...so anyone interested in going there its on route 29 in perkiomenville pa..(old pa dutch country) its only held on Mondays but make sure you get there early it was packed by 7 am...auctions start at 7 if your interested in that and run til everything is done...and it was alot of stuff from vintage toys to antique furniture most pieces went for 2-5 dollars...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: okay anyone in nj or pa great trash to treasure flea market!

Well, I have a list of Western PA flea markets on my blog site. I'll put the link below.

I used to however live in Jersey myself, and used to go to the Lambertville and Lahaska flea markets in Eastern PA, along the Delaware River all the time. I don't know how trash-to-treasure they are anymore, but it was always good fun.

--Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: Western PA Flea Markets

o

lambertville is pricey now...mostly antiques not alot of treasures lol...nice place though if your looking for antiques...

o

Hey mojo - I live about a mile from the Perkiomenville auction and have gone several times (including yesterday). I have only ever walked around and bought from the dealers though - the whole auction thing always looked like too much of a mob scene and there's no one there to explain it to you. Can you tell me how it works (or wait, maybe I don't want to know or I'll be coming home with more stuff than I know what to do with!)? And hey, next time you're planning to come, send me an email - maybe we can meet up!

o

Mojo-
Shame about Lambertville, but good to know. It's been so many years since I went there... LOVED it growing up, though.

o

I'm an old hat at auctions. Been going to them and buying from them for years. It's easy and a great way to pick thing up for cheap! Let me know what you want to know and I'll fill you in!

o

hey ik, that was my first trip but i did watch the auctions...what i can see is there are 3 to 4 different auctions going on at the same time....they allow you to look through the boxes...and i guess you decide which auction you want to be at....you stand next to auctineer and bid i saw some say things and some just raised there finger...I will def send ya an email next time i go up...it wont be until kids get out of school..

o
RE:auction style

hey ik, that was my first trip but i did watch the auctions...what i can see is there are 3 to 4 different auctions going on at the same time....they allow you to look through the boxes...and i guess you decide which auction you want to be at....you stand next to auctineer and bid i saw some say things and some just raised there finger...I will def send ya an email next time i go up...it wont be until kids get out of school..

o

goldilocs - I've been to auctions before but this one is different. There's just piles and piles of junk lying around - and I mean really JUNK - broken machines, old brooms, just stuff you'd think the goodwill would reject. (In other words, the stuff we forumites love!) There seem to be a bunch of auctioneers standing around at the various piles auctioning stuff off. No one has a bidder number. I think people just hand the auctioneer cash for each box as they go, then carry it off. There's always so many people standing around the piles I can't see what is being auctioned. They seem to auction off a lot of little stuff - like a regular household broom would be its own lot and might sell for 50 cents. Stuff that doesn't sell just stays piled on the tables or they'll just keep adding stuff to the lots until somebody finally buys it. They generally then just take what they wanted and leave the stuff they don't want behind - I guess that's what mojo meant by being able to pick through the free stuff after the table is done being auctioned. Anyway, it's awfully weird. Maybe when I have some time, I'll follow one of the auctioneers around a while and really try to figure it out. Usually, I've got my toddler with me and he's got no patience for standing around in crowds, LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here