Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The crazy deck...

Posted by chevy57red (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 08 at 5:43

I didn't get the pic into the thread, and it would not allow me to post a second message..

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The crazy deck...

When you need to post back-to-back, all you need to do is change the subject of the posting and you will be able to post again. You'll also be able to post again after me.

o

That's looks great! I was skeptical when you asked about using pallets, but it turned out nicely!!

o

That looks great. Will you be adding to it with railing or steps, or planter boxes made from the same wood? Nice job. Linda

o

love it wish i could get me some of those heavy duty skids!was it fairly simple to do? thanks lori

o

I've made a pallet deck too, it's got so many screws in it, it'll have to be dynomited to get rid of it!lol! (new kid with a toy...power drill!ha!)

o

I will never look at a stack of pallets the same way again.
Great job!

o

We have finally finished the deck. We added another section and I built a dry creek bed along the front. I collect hosta so added a few, First Mate, L. Beach Bum, L. Beach Captain.
The sitting bench I picked up for 5$ on Craigs list.

Photobucket

o

Aye, The paint dept. at Lowe's (in my area) throw's away a bunch of pallets :-)...So, -How long did it take you to put this all together?
I want one like that! Wonder if I should use dry wall screws and paint it with some deck sealer?
I guess DH will let me do one side of his barn.LOL!!
Sandy

o

Great job !!! I love this idea. We can always get free pallettes around town.I think I might want a larger one for the table & chairs outside.

What did you attach the boards to ?? Just 2' x 4's or similiar ?? I'm sure I'll have lots of ???'s ,so if you have some sort of guide,I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the inspiration :)

o

Would love to see the picture, please repost it.

o

I agree- I have access to pallets and would love to see one put together to get an idea!

o

Thanks to all that liked our deck.
It was strung together with 2x4's. And each corner and in the middle are 4x4's. It is a floating deck. None of the 4x4's are in the ground, they just rest on the ground. Hopefully that way we won't get snagged for extra living space on our taxes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here