Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vintage Christmas cards

Posted by adellabedella (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 2, 06 at 23:34

I helped clean out a closet at my in-laws house this weekend and found a load of old Christmas cards from the 1960's. Some, like the ones from dh's grandparents, I'll save intact for the kids. I'd like ideas on what to do with the others. These cards aren't cardboard like the ones today, they are more papery and would probably decoupage well, but I'm not sure what I'd attach them to. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Adella

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vintage Christmas cards

Go to the craft store and find either those heavy paper(like cardboard) boxes or the inexpensive lightweight wooden ones. Paint or stain to taste, decoupage either one or a combination of cards on each. They would make great presents for family members. Kinda like Christmas memory boxes. Bet Hat boxes would work too. Really neat find!

o

I like to use the vintage cards for lampshades. I've included a link below. It's fun to swap them in during the holidays.

I've also used them for art on glass blocks. Just scan them and resize or crop to fit or put a solid color background behind.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lampshade

o
.... Christmas cards

Those are all good ideas. I especially like the box idea and the lampshade.

o

How about putting the smaller ones in between two pieces of glass and then soldering the edges....makes really nice coasters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here