Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need piece to transform into bath vanity

Posted by brutuses (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 07 at 23:24

If there is anyone on this board within 100 miles of New Orleans that knows of a source(s) to look for a dresser, sideboard, server, etc. that could be transformed into bath vanities, please let me know. Everyone else, where should I look for an old piece that will be in good condition and not cost a lot of money? I've only yet checked one flea market and one antique shop. Thanks for your helkp.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need piece to transform into bath vanity

I'd check the newspaper 'furniture for sale' ads, estate sales and do a search on eBay (but do it in order of closest to you, not ending date). Sometimes nice stuff goes cheap on eBay just because it has to be picked up from the seller's home (which limits the bidders).

o

your local freecycle group and craigs list are good sources too :-)

o

Try any estate auction - usually a list of them in the ads in the newspaper. Here's a link for a business near me that does this - you might get some ideas from their website.

http://www.vanitiesofyesteryear.com/store/

Arlene

o

I find dressers,commodes and chifferobes at the Goodwill in Biloxi and Gulfport,and Americas Thrift in Biloxi. The local paper( The Sun Herald) has a $100 or less section and people place ads in there ,and it usually has a lot of dressers. A good place might be yard sales in your area,too. But we're not that far :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here