Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Uses for Old Lace

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 4, 09 at 22:48

Am getting ready to put several yards of different types of old lace in my antique/flea market booth. I like to include ideas with some of my "stuff" to help others visualize what they can do with it. I've seen a "Sampler" type piece of art - samples of white and ecru lace on a black background and framed. Don't know where I saw it, but I need some more ideas.

Put your thinking caps on for me, wouldya!? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Uses for Old Lace

Lace on a sachet pillow, small enough for display for your booth. Lace on a small lampshade. Lace on a makeup case or a soft case for unmentionables for packing in suitcase.

I have seen lace wrapped around tree shaped foam and pin on buttons. Lace on a small thread box with padded top for needles. Lace made into flower on a hair clip or lapel pin. good luck....love old lace

o

Aww...thanks - those are all great ideas. Plan on putting a sign by the tray holding all of them (just to spark the imagination...)

Anybody else?

o

On a movie yesterday(The patroit)that in the wedding scene the girl had on wide lace tied with ribbon at the neck. I thought, hummm, take 2 pieces and sew them together and leave room in the middle to run your ribbon. Colonial style chocker.

o

Check out this link. There is an interesting apron and a journal and address book with lace on it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pandora's Button Box

o

different kinds of lace pieces on denim vests and jackets. I get all sorts of compliments when I wear mine. I also added a few beads and some ribbon roses.

o

Heavy cotton lace could be used instead of ribbon for a French memo board with buttons where they cross.

Decorate small bottles with lace at the neck instead of ribbon and fill with beads or glass chips.

Paint or decoupage on hat boxes and glue ribbon around the edge of the lid.

Weave ribbon and lace on fabric in a "plaid" design to decorate a pillow cover.

Anything ribbon can do, lace can do better! Or at least fancier.

o

This picture shows it used on shelves. I love the ornaments hanging from there! Maybe some inspiration for you?

Here is a link that might be useful: Lace on shelves

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here