Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody make T to T birdhouses?

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 07 at 22:42

I keep seein' neat ones everywhere and I would love to try and make some myself. (Maybe with DH's help...) Anyway, do you have patterns if you make them or do you just improvise and do your own thing? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody make T to T birdhouses?

I've seen them made out of cowboy boots, mailboxes, lightbulbs and old licence plates.

o

Hi, I make bird houses from old junk, making them up as I go along. You don't need any special carpentry skills or materials. All the material you need can be found on the side of the road. Be sure to glue and screw everything together, prime and paint with outdoor paint products. Don't forget the 'oops' paint at the big hardware stores. It's very cheap and good quality. I put large roofs on them to protect them and attach something under them (like drawer pulls, small furniture legs, little squares of rubber, etc.) to keep them from sitting in water. My rule for decorating them is to use things that will last outside and are interesting. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Linda's bird houses

o

Just wanted to say to Linda that she has some very creative houses there!! Especially love the first one!

o

I've seen these before, but I still love them. They are on the to do list.

o

Oh my gosh, Linda! I love those! I REALLY like the address sign made from license plates. Now, how kewl is that!? LOL

Thanks, guys, for all the ideas.

o

Linda, your wee little bird barns just totally tickle me. :-)

--Jenn

o

Hi everyone.
I make all kinds of birdhouses from 120 year old reclaimed barn wood.
They are probably the biggest bird houses on the net.

Here is a link that might be useful: Webshots

o

Great birdhouses, lindasewandsew, robolady, and cranbrook!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here