Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lamp base use?

Posted by nodakgal (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 11, 10 at 21:49

What would you do with a lamp base?
It's about knee high and would make a nice base for something. The only thing I can think of is to add a wood top and make a plant stand. But my windows are way too high up for something that small.

I know someone here has recycled an old lamp base into something neat.
Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lamp base use?

Go on the Garden Junk Forum & look at some of the totems, they use glass ones & some I think metal. So it depends on what the base is made from, metal, wood or glass. Could stack two together with GEII & use a wood or glass round for the top.Pic would help too. Maybe something for the patio? Jan

o

Any chance we can see a picture to get inspired with ideas for you???

o

Here it is, its plain, nothing fancy but solid.

lamp base

o

thanks for the pic!!!! That has an awesome shape and would make an awesome birdbath base. Is it ceramic???? Have you see the birdbaths they make with the repurposed glass? Check out the "Garden Junk" forum. They tell you exactly what to do but if you have any questions, feel free to email me @ goldilocs@aol.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk

o

Make outside plant stands

Here is a link that might be useful: junk gardening 09

o

Katie's plant stands are very nice!! I loved all you backyard decorations, Katie! I would think either a plant stand or table would be nice with the lamp base! Jan

o

Take off the piece on the top and put something flat and decorative and make a candle holder...

o

The base does have a beautiful shape.
I've painted ceramic (for indoor use) if you want a different color. Just prime first.
Kathy

o

I've used lamp bases to make planters out of.
From Garden

From Artsy

Donna in Florida

o

Hi I think it just might make a good bird bath base. Find a plate with an raised edge for water or food. Maybe even a light fixture globe for the ceiling, if you could find the right one.

o

I see a shapely lady figure- add a head and voila! Garden Lady! :)

o

As soon as I saw the photo I thought the same as mjowest...GARDEN LADY!!! She would look so elegant with a head and hat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here